Saturday, March 30, 2013

I Want to Hear Jesus Say, "Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant"... Committed Christian Is Back!

Today I attended a memorial service for a dear friend and sister in Christ that had passed away recently.  She was a devout Christian having lived her life to the fullest loving God and loving all people that the Lord brought into her life.  She was a woman of great faith and her last words were words of submission to her previous Savior Jesus Christ.  Without a doubt she heard the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant... enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matthew 25:24).  In memory of such a devoted Christian and friend I decided that I will do all I can to make every moment of my life on this earth be Christ glorifying.
 
I bought a new Bible shortly after the Lord pulled me out of my spiritual pit in 2008.  In the midst of my trial of unemployment I wrote a prayer in the back and ever since then wrote short entries concerning what the Lord was convicting me about at the time. 
 
Lord Jesus, please make me fruitful (1 Corinthians 12). July 17, 2012
 
"Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit" says the Lord of hosts" (Zech 4:6). October 25, 2012
 
'I will be glorified', I believe that the Lord convicted me about. December 1, 2012
 
1 Peter 4:10. December 9, 2012
 
"Apart from me, you can do nothing" (John 15:5). December 26, 2012
 
One day I will give account to Christ for all my works.  I want to present to Him an abundance of good works.  I must be diligent to serve Him faithfully no matter what people think of me-if I'm worth investing in or not.  The Lord evidently believe that I am worth investing in as He is using circumstance to build my character. March 24, 2013.
 
And today another entry:
 
Are God's words (of promises, etc.) louder than man's words? March 30, 2013
 
God's words were certainly louder than man's words to my dear friend and the Lord used such a trusting disciple to love and be a witness to a host of people over the years He gave her.  So in memory of my friend and in obedience to my precious Savior who loved and gave Himself for me I am back to blogging because I trust that no matter what man may say to me my dear Savior is calling me to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength and is ready to reward it richly.  May the Lord reward richly by granting me richer communion with Him.  And may He always remind me of the first sermon He used to draw me to Himself in which the pastor preached Jesus saying, "Apart from me, you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

4 comments:

Susan said...

So true :) Lately it seems I've been sensing the same convictions as you are. It is all in the Lord's hands, and if I can be used by Him, all the glory will go to Him and He allows for His graciousness to be shared with us.

I find it amazing that the Lord gives strength in the most trying of circumstances, like He did to John Bunyan when Bunyan wrote Pilgrim's Progress in a dungeon. He always gives enough grace sufficient to the task.

God bless you always,
Susan

Bro. Jason Parker said...

You are such an encouragement to me. I have alway enjoyed your posts. Please continue to keep the good work going. To God be the glory.

Bro. Jason Parker said...

God bless you, dear sister

Committed Christian said...

Thank you! I am still around. I am in the process of doing a self study on Matthew and praying that God uses that to enable me to reach the lost. I'm thinking it is possible that I would just have to somehow pull something off on my own, with no training from the church, but that I would do with the Lord's help. Sooner or later I'll be able to post some of the lessons I come up with on Matthew, that would be exciting!